So, as you know, I’m on a 1-month trip in Berlin, Germany. Vacations are always a challenge for me because I don’t want to gain weight but the food in Europe is so yummy!
As the Mommy Ambassador for Amanda Russell’s 8-Week Fitness Model Plan I wanted to set an example and be strong though!
I love Amanda’s workouts because you can do them literally ANYWHERE! Even in your hotel room! This is very important for me because I travel a lot and I am a mommy and don’t have time to run to the gym all the time!
Working Out While on Vacation:
When you’re on vacations, you need to plan out your time in order to be able to work out! You need to be disciplined even though I know it’s hard! So here’s what I do: every morning, I set my alarm at 7am and start working out before my daughter and hubby wake up.
Here’s a my favorite work out from Amanda that burns a lot of calories fast. You literally only need 5 minutes! No excuses! Everybody has 5 minutes! Even on vacation! I totally fell in love with it!
Eating while on Vacation:
As for the food, this is definitely the hardest part! Thankfully, Amanda’s sample meals are delicious! Not like the usual diet recipes that are boring and bland.
Here is my favorite one: Protein Oatmeal Pankcakes. It has only 230 calories but is so yummy!
Here’s Amanda’s Protein Pancake Recipe:
15 grams whey protein powder
2 1/2 large egg whites
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 small Banana
25 grams Blueberries
1/4 cup oatmeal
- Put the following ingredients into a blender: Oats, Whey Protein Powder, Cinnamon, and Egg Whites.
- Start heating up a medium to large size pan ( 10″ -12″) on medium high heat. If you want, you can heat up two pans to cook both pancakes at the same time.
- Blend until mixture is roughly uniform. You might have to scoop whey powder off the sides of the blender because it sticks with egg whites. If your pan is not non-stick spray or a little bit of oil on the heated pan, and pour the mixture onto the pan.
- Notice, blended oats are still denser than other ingredients, so they might settle on the bottom. Mix them up before pouring again.
- When the sides of a pancake start to look dry and start to curl up a little, flip it over and let the other side cook. It should look lightly brown when cooked well. Also, while pancakes are cooking, slice up a banana into about 0.5″ slices.
- When pancakes are done, put banana slices on one half of a pancake, then spread blueberries on the same side, and fold a pancake in half. Eat like a taco. 😋 yummy!
If you’d like more recipes and workouts sign up to the 8 Week Fitness Model Plan:
Check out http://www.amandarussellfit.com
With the code JuliaFit you can get 10% off !
I will keep you guys posted on how the rest of my journey goes!