After a 5 week vacation, we are finally back in Los Angeles! We came back one day before my daughter Anastasia’s first birthday party. It was crazy planning a party from across the world but we did it!
The first birthday party is such an important milestone in your babies life, and of course yours too. So here are a few tricks that I learned to make the party planning less stressful:
- Make it short: our little ones get tired easily, so don’t plan a long party. In my recent experience, a 2 hour party is more than enough time.
- Don’t forget nap time! Try and plan the party around your babies sleeping schedule. Anastasia naps around 10am, so I had her birthday party from 12pm to 2pm.
- Don’t forget the toys: Chances are, you’re inviting a lot of kids from different age groups, so don’t forget to have entertaining toys for all of them.
- Create a “safe zone” where babies can play together. They can eat, play, and be away from the hectic area of the party.
- Take pictures before the party: Once the guests arrive, you probably won’t have enough time to take pictures. So do the photo shoot with your child beforehand.
- Get help: Make sure you have relatives and/or friends that can help you with the kids, or hire a sitter. Otherwise it might get too chaotic with so many kids around.
- If you’re doing a cake splash, take off your babies clothes. Otherwise it will get very messy. At the same time, it’s also a very fun thing to do.Get help: Make sure you have relatives and/or friends that can help you with the kids, or hire a sitter. Otherwise it might get too chaotic with so many kids around.
- Keep it simple: Don’t overwhelm yourself, the guests, or your baby! It’s just a party.