It’s summer again! This means, it’s time to sit down and read through all those beauty tips and routines you know you should follow:
Beauty Rule Nr. 1: If you take care of your skin now, you will safe on plastic surgery later
So, what are the most important rules to have a young, flawless skin?
- Drink Water: Drink water to fight wrinkles and keep your skin beautiful. Try drinking about 15 glasses a day. Hydrated skin looks plumper and livelier. This is a proven fact!
- Add Moisturizer: With age, our cells slowly start depleting and deteriorating and we start losing our collagen. So never forget to moisturize your skin at night. I personally think that oils like almond or coconut oils, sometimes work better than over the counter face creams. They have no preservatives and are all natural and organic.
- Use Sunscreen: Going out without sun’s screen is the biggest mistake a woman commonly makes. Not only does the sun harm your beautiful skin and leads to the growth of cancerous cells, but it also adds to premature aging! I know it’s hard to remember sometimes, but this is one important rule you shouldn’t break!
Beauty Rule Nr.2: Take care, brush your hair
Did you know that using too many chemicals on your scalp can weaken your roots? So coloring, hair spray, styling creams, all of those things really harms our roots long term. Therefore, here are the most important hair styling tips to remember:
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Try to skip a day or two. I usually use a dry shampoo. They work wonders!
- Use a hair mask at least once a week!
- Air dry your hair as much as possible!
- Avoid tight hair ties
- Use cold water to wash your hair!
- Massage your scalp
- Do not comb wet hair
- Treat your hair gently!
Beauty Rule Nr.3: A beautiful outside starts from the inside
You are what you EAT. Anything we put into our bodies, affects our skin. So here’s a quick breakdown of food that is good for you and food that you should stay away from:
Salmon has healthy fats (omega 3) and helps keep your skin clear from acne
Tomatoes protects from sunburn
Dark chocolate is rich in cocoa which contains many antioxidants
Kale. Just one cup of kale gives you your daily dose of skin firming vitamin C and A
Salt retains water and creates those puffy eyes
Shellfish contains Iodine and can cause acne
Sugar weakens the collagen and leaves you more vulnerable to lines and wrinkles
Alcohol dehydrates you skin and triggers rosacea outbreaks
We all know those rules and tips, I did not invent them. But if you are anything like me, you have a hard time following through. How many times did I tell myself to not blow dry my hair, use sun screen and not eat that hamburger but one day later I still did…it is very hard to change your habits, I know!
I want to leave you with this saying : Your level of success is determined by your level of discipline and perseverance. So how about we make a pact with each other: Let’s start changing our life’s by trying to implement these little beauty tips. It’s a little step. But a step into the right direction.